Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I almost inherited a $7000.00 painting today.

You see, I enrolled my girls in art classes at a local downtown gallery. They love them and are so excited for me to see their work when I pick them up. So today, the gallery owner, a total sweetheart, asked if I had seen this new piece she just got in. It was this huge, huge canvas painting of something I can't even remember because the price tag had my attention. $7000.00. I just kept looking at it wondering why it was so spendy when all of a sudden my littlest one came out of the workroom, came barrelling towards me and the painting. She went right up to it with her hands in a rather rough way. The painting swayed a bit back and forth. At this point, my heart is in my throat and I'm not breathing. Finally, my voice squeeked out, "Oh we don't touch $7000.00 paintings," Scheww. We got out of there in a hurry after that one.

Note to self: Exposing children to art galleries BEFORE taking art classes is a good thing!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Holy crap. That's totally a "mother of boys" story, DeAnn. I'm so glad it didn't happen. I would have let you help out at my lemonade stand, though. :-)

Chris said...

Glad that one was diverted, sheesh!

Unknown said...

Whoa... that was too close. My blood pressure rose just reading it. Good thing we here in the sticks don't have things like art galleries only big huge sculpture parks with recycled auto pieces that look like buffalo, even my son couldn't budge that...

bobbione8y said...

$7000 painting? maybe they should have that one roped off or something?!


not right next to the kids artroom, that is for sure :)


schwew.