Tuesday, March 04, 2008


It's going to be a sad afternoon after school. Just came home, turned on the TV which was already on SportsCenter as usual and there it was, all over the news..Brett Favre is retiring. My heart just sank. My boy's heart is going to sink even lower. It makes me cry to even think about how he is going to take this news. I know he is going to cry and I need to prepare myself to talk about the positives. About how we got to see him play in person, how we got to see him break the record for the most touchdowns passed ever in NFL history, about all the school papers he has written about Favre, about how just watching the games, he has learned to play football even better, about how he knows every statistcal fact by memory. and more importantly, about how he learned how being a hero like Brett Favre isn't just about breaking records but being a good person, believing in God and making the right choices in life.
I know, I know, maybe he'll take it better than what I am anticipating. But when you look up to a team and it's quarterback as much as my son does, this is going to be a big deal in his young life. So be thinking of us and although there are alot of worse things that could happen, it's still going to be a sad night for my little man. He'll always love Brett Favre, on the field or off. And he'll still be wearing his cheesehead every chance he gets. Speaking for my young Packer-roid...Go Packers!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Yeah, even though I was half expecting it, I was still surprised when I heard. He WILL be in the Hall of Fame though!!

bobbione8y said...

oh DeAnn, i hope that B did okay when he got the news. i instantly thought of you when i heard, i guess God was tapping me on the shoulder to pray.

i'll pray for him today, i promise. you are a really good mom :)

carey said...

critics are saying Brett is faking it. for Brody's sake, I hope so!!

Unknown said...

I thought of your son immediately. I hope he took the news okay.

My hubby said, "it's about time..."

Karen said...

How did it go? I'm anxious to hear how your little man is doing.

bobbione8y said...

btw, DeAnn, my BIG boy was bummed too. as a transplanted californian, he will not admit it, but i can see his loyalties are shifting from the 49ers to the packers :)