Thursday, March 27, 2008


I finally get it. After 37 years of wondering what I am supposed to be doing with my life, I finally get it. It's taken me a long time to figure it out but factors contributing to the light bulb going off include...my kids, my husband, Beth Moore, friends that have reappeared in my life and most of all, just listening to what has been said to me for all these years. And accepting it.

It's funny how I pushed God out of my life. I never wanted to listen. I thought I knew what was right for me. I thought I knew what would make me feel complete. But I didn't. Over the last few years I started to realize, this is my plan. This is what I am to do. And everyday, I get it more and more. I was not destined to live the life of a millionaire, or even a thousand-aire. I wasn't meant to live the life of a famous person. I am here to raise my children in our humble home, in our humble town and live a humble life. And I love it.

You see, I get it. I get the plan. It is so clear to me now. That acceptance is what makes me feel so fulfilled, so complete. And you know what, I am so happy about where I am. Even though it took me so long to figure it out, now I can instill what I've learned into these 3 little kids running around me right now in hopes they will get it long before I did. See what I mean? It's all in the plans. Can't wait to see what else my journey has before me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, powerful! I am so glad you are at peace. Now enjoy the rest of His great plan for you.

Chris said...

I know what you mean, pushing God out, not listening to the plan. I think that is what is, or has rather, been going with me for a long time. I think when we were kids in highschool and college, we were told we could do anything we wanted. The sky is the limit, we dream big. But in doing that, many of us forget to listen to him, who knows us better than we know our selves. I am very happy for you that you are finally in a place of contentment and acceptance. That has to be a great place to be in your life.

bobbione8y said...

ah. i think God's plans for you are not done. a woman with a heart submitted to God like yours is will be so powerful in this world. more than alot of millionaires :)

you are amazing. and so is God.

carey said...

i know that you are in my life for a reason, DeAnn. you are part of God's plan for MY life. isn't that cool??