Thursday, June 07, 2007



That's me and my running partner and friend, taking the scenic route on our long runs. She is such a great friend, we met 11 years ago when we first moved here. They have 3 kids...1 boy 2 girls, same ages as our kids and our husbands hunt and fish together. So it was an automatic chemistry for us and our families. I have to say, not only is she a great friend but one of the best running partners I could have. You see, she can talk your ear off with stories from the school (she's a teacher), kids, just life in general. Running with her is almost like therapy! Listening to the stories can totally make me forget about that fact that I am, well, running! We really bond during training and I look forward to meeting up, pounding the pavement together and get caught up with some quality girl time. Before I know it, we will have been running for an 1 1/2 hours. Time just flies. I'm grateful to her for being who she is because I think if it weren't for her, I wouldn't have nearly as much fun. I hope we can keep this running gig up together for a long, long time.

3 comments:

Karen said...

1 1/2 hours?? Crap, I need to come train with you!!

carey said...

I think of you running every morning at 6 am...well, i would if i was awake. what a great way to start the day, with a great friend, a peaceful world and the peace of knowing your run is over before the day even starts.

Chris said...

Good for you! Looks like you guys really are having fun. I, however, would rather start my day with a Starbucks, but I settle for just plain homemade coffee most days!:)