Wednesday, June 27, 2007


This is a tree in our backyard. Not just any tree mind you, it's the biggest, oldest tree in the area. It's huge. My bh on the other hand quite frequently calls it "that blasted cottonwood", especially during wind storms. Last year, a giant piece of this tree fell to its demise, leaving us with plenty of firewood for our backyard fire pit. I personally like the tree. Imagine this thing being around for 60+ years. How can you just get rid of it? So we put up with the mess it makes in the fall and the pacing it makes my bh do during those summer storms. It's that big, old tree that has become a part of our backyard activities. I'm glad it's there. At least for now.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love your backyard and I've never even been there, DeAnn!! This tree is just one more reason for me to try my hardest not to covet your big, beautiful, safe backyard. :-)

bobbione8y said...

i LOVE that tree.

yes, cottonwoods are messy, but still. what it provides in beauty and comfort and goodness makes up for a little flying cotton, right?

and karen, they have really nice trees in AL... :)

Chris said...

All trees are messy to some degree. Mine love to drop branches everywhere during windstorms, oh and leaves....pollin all over my car! But I would live without them. The beauty and shade are irreplaceable.