Wednesday, May 30, 2007



This may look like a simple rose but it's mine! And I grew it! Yes, me the one with no sense of a green thumb has suddenly become interested in the art of floral landscaping. I love roses, they are my favorite flower and I decided last year mid-summer I was going to plant a bunch this growing season. And it was actually so much fun...picking them out with the kids, planting them in a spot where the greenhouse lady told me and hoping they would sprout. And here she is...my first rose, so to speak. Now that the bug has bitten me, I planted 5 new perinnials and other flowers. I followed the directions to a tee and I tell you what...I love looking out at my new flowers. I think I can do this, I really think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

3 comments:

carey said...

you've been visiting the back forty site, haven't you? her yard is amazing right now. you CAN do it!!

Karen said...

It's beautiful! I'm picturing your big, wonderful yard full of flowers and trying not to be jealous. I know you can do it!!

Susan said...

Wow. Your roses are beautiful.Keep it up, it is so fulfilling.