Thursday, February 15, 2007

We survived Valentines Day. The kids have finally come down off the sugar high from candy hearts and chocolate. I too have come down from the day of sneaking a chocolate kiss every time I walked by the bags. After what seemed like a hundred of the little addicting chocolates...but oh so good...I put the bags away. Out of sight. There, now I wouldn't be so tempted. It worked for awhile. Finally I gave in, pulled the bag out of the cupboard and munched some more. There is something about those hershey kisses I just can't get enough of. Somebody stop me!!! It was a good day. The kid's school parties were fun and memorable and my son even joined in on the spirit of cupid. No girl tried to kiss him or anything so he survived! I think deep down he likes the holiday but would never admit it. So on the way home from school, I try and engage the kids in a stimulating conversation of the days events. Usually I get the same responses until my boy changed all that.

"So how was the Valentines party?" I say
"It was so cool. We had sooo much food," he said.
"That's awesome! And looks like your bag is full of the goods! So, buddy, will you be my Valentine?" I say.
He looks at me and says, "You already are."

My heart has completely melted. No amount of chocolate kisses in the world could ever compare to that...

4 comments:

Karen said...

Aw, DeAnn! I just got all weepy!! Boys and moms, you gotta love it.

Chris said...

That is soooo cute!

Unknown said...

melted hearts and melted chocolate; some of the best things in life.

carey said...

i got weepy, too. give me a heads up when you're going to go all soft on me will you?