Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I really dislike shopping for vehicles.

But the time has come to get a new one. Or at least a different one. My bh got his new pickup a few months ago and to be honest with you, I am amazed at how a truck can make one so giddy. Must a man thing. All I need is a vehicle that gets me from point a to point b and has enough room for 3 kids, a dog, groceries and maybe a stray friend or two from school. So i've been driving my van for a couple of years now. Like it okay, never has any problems and the kids are allowed food and drink in it unlike the other vehicle at my house (yes, honey I'm talking about you!) but I think I am ready to move on to something, well, more young-like. Those cute little SUV's with a 3rd seat keeps popping in my head. I figure my youngest child will be in kindergarten this fall so maybe I can get one now. Sounds like part of me is trying to justify this whole deal. I just wish I could order one up from eBay and a week later, it would show up in my driveway. I really dislike driving through endless rows of cars at the lots. I really dislike all the research my bh has to do before deciding on which one is the safest, which one is is more likely to experience mechanical problems, etc. etc. etc. It seems to take up so much time. I guess it goes back to the part of me that just wants a decent vehicle to get me around. Should it really be so hard? So I'll keep checking the internet when I think of it, glance at the paper here and there and maybe just maybe that SUV will say "here I am, take me home."

Until then, my van and I will continue to have our relationship with the kids, dog and spilled juice.

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is all working out very well for me. Susan did my vacuum research, and you can do my 3rd row, cool mom, anything but a mini-van research for me! Yet another reason to love blogging.

bobbione8y said...

oh boy. i am going to be you in a few months. i just deposited some $$ in a 6 month cd, and i am going to add to the pot for 6 months. then, in the fall, shopping i will go. gotta have a plan.

i have been looking at smaller suvs, no kids, no need for 3 seats. i go to keloland.com and look at the automall, not sure if that works for you too.

i like the shopping online, do NOT like dealing with the salesmen in person.

ask carey about that one, doh, what a bunch of silliness!

good luck tho!!

Susan said...

Hey, we can do this as a group! I too am going to get a new vehicle in July because my lease is up on the family truckster. I am also looking at an SUV. The home office refuses to ride in my van anymore, he is too big and can't see out of the front. We already have mammoth Suburban so will be looking for mid-size as well.

DeAnn said...

And here I thought this was a pointless blog...little did I know some of you are in the same boat...or should I say SUV?! Ha. Okay I agree. Let's do this together. When/if I find something I'll share my info with you all. Maybe we'll hook each other up the perfect SUV. Thanks for the tips...

Chris said...

I found my Honda CRV on www.carsdirect.com. It's great, you can search for new or used cars. You can enter in what features you want and what price you are wanting to pay. When you find it, you can buy it through them if you want a brand new one, and they ship it to a dealership near you. You just go pick it up, there is no haggeling. If you are buying used, they will track down what you want in your area. That's how I got mine, and I love my little SUV. It is so much fun to drive, and I have just enough room for me and my dogs, plus a few other passengers if I wish. You can also look on Edmonds.com, that's a good site, plus I think they have research available. Good luck girlies!