Tuesday, February 27, 2007




Talk about hair...we have a lot of it in our household! I remember saying when I was younger I wanted to have a girl so I could braid her hair. Well, I got that hair to braid...twice! I have been practicing the art of french braids on the girls and I must say it is getting better, although not perfect. At least not perfect enough to take a photo. It's kind of tricky to master. But this was the result after taking out the braids...Poof!! Twice the hair! They loved it! I didn't realize how many comments it would get at the school. My friends asked if they got a perm...no just braids. Their little friends asked how they got their hair to look like that...just mom practicing braids. Wow, it turned out pretty cool for a day. The girls are already asking me to "practice" some more so they can have poofy hair again. Maybe next time I'll be able to take a before photo of those french braids...

5 comments:

Karen said...

D--THIS is why God gave me boys. I can barely manage my own hair, much less that of little people. Good job.

bobbione8y said...

those little girls are absolutely totally gorgeous. i can imagine how much fun it is to do the practice braiding :)) come summer time, it would be handy to do it for real!

carey said...

yep, my mom used to braid my hair when it was wet and i would wake up looking (in my mind) like a goddess.
THEN i hit junior high and got a CRIMPER!! whee! I bet karen and chris remember my crimping days...and the bandana. what was up with the bandana?

Karen said...

Hey, don't mock the bandana. We loved the bandana. And the single little braid on the side of your head. Maybe you should resurrect that one for your business meetings. :-)

Chris said...

Oh yeah! I remember the crimper...for my hair too. The things we did to our hair back then!