Thursday, February 22, 2007



I am really proud of this cake. So proud, I actually took a picture of it. Crazy, I know. When something I make turns out this good, I feel like I have to show it off a bit because it doesn't happen everyday! I found this recipe that uses chocolate ganache for the glaze. Ever since I saw Emeril making ganache on the food network, I had always wanted to try it. So when I saw this recipe using ganache, I gave it a whirl. Ganache is actually heavy cream and chocolate melted together and dries to shiny glaze that looks as good as it tastes. Needless to say, it was a hit with the family. Dessert ruled tonight and mom rocks! I love it when I can make everyone happy with good ol' chocolate. So here's my Martha Stewart moment. I'll savor it while I can...okay that's enough. I think I'll go have myself a second piece...

7 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh. that is a pretty picture. :)

ganache. just picked up a copy of midwest living with a ganache covered cake on it.

i think i know what i am doing this weekend :))

Karen said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...
Yeah, email me that recipe, please. I have time, AND PMS, this weekend.

DeAnn said...

I'll get it to ya tonight! You'll love it ..it's awesome and easy.

Unknown said...

that looks heavenly...

Chris said...

Oh my gosh that looks good! I'm coming over!

carey said...

i'm betting you don't say ganache the way that it looks. will one of you betty crocker's give me a hand? Ga Nash or Gun Ache or what???

why can't they just call it shiny chocolate?

bobbione8y said...

gah nah sh

:)