Friday, February 09, 2007

Jill...Carey...Nancy...Kim...Shelly...Susan...Heather...Jen...

These are the names of the best group of ladies I am blessed to be friends with. I have known each and every one of them for all of my adult life and I am so grateful to have met them back at good 'ol SDSU. The memories we have together are too many to count. So every year since we have graduated, a weekend has been designated for us-just us-that means no husbands, no kids. Just us girls getting together and doing what we do best...being friends. When these weekends come around every year, it amazes me at how it seems like no time has passed. It's like we were just together the weekend before. To me, that oozes the meaning of friendship. We can all just be ourselves. We laugh, we talk, we share joys, problems, we eat fancy food, we shop, we sit around a fireplace in white robes getting pedicures and facials, we even share beds when neccesary!

So I got the email a couple of weeks ago that the date has been set for this years girls weekend. The end of April. I have to tell you, I love my family and all, but I truly cannot wait for that weekend! I so look forward to it. We'll all travel to Minneapolis and meet up and let the fun begin. I sometimes think about this group of women and how really great it is that we are all so close. I have great friends here, a lot of couple friends my hubby and I do stuff with, even friends from high school I keep in touch with. But nothing is like the friendship I hold with these girls. It's different and it means a lot to me. So the countdown is on to our weekend in April and I'm sure it will be another weekend to put in the memory book.

So...Jill, Carey, Nancy, Kim, Shelly, Susan, Heather and Jen, I'm thinking of you and I can't wait to see you again. Here's to our weekend together!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ditto friend.