Saturday, February 10, 2007

It's Valentine's Day this week which means class parties which means handing out valentines to classmates...not a favorite holiday of my son. I think it must be the having-to-give-valentines-to-the-girls-too that he he doesn't especially like. I know there are some girls who have crushes on my son. I know because when I go to his classroom all the girls giggle and say, "there's his mom.." then they all huddle together and just giggle away. My son says a couple of girls are always staring at him. Hmmmm. guess he'll have to get used to that. But luckily for now, he is very anti-girl and says he'll never have a girlfriend and never get married.


That's what his dad used to say too.....





















Then there is my oldest daughter...loves Valentines Day, loves the hearts, the colors of the holidays and especially making the valentine cards. All of hers are decked out in fancy letters with curly Q's and hearts. V-Day is in her top list of holidays. I think it's because she is a romantic kind of girl. She didn't hold anything back on her cards so look out boys...you're getting the fancy ones too.

























Now does this look the face of a girl who doesn't like Valentines Day? She made out her cards for the preschoolers a week ago and handwrote every name carefully. Those Dora cards are packed up and ready to go. She keeps asking how many more sleeps 'til "balentines day" And every day as the number keeps getting lower, her smile keeps getting bigger.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I had two thoughts as I read this post. The first was: DeAnn's kids are so beautiful! The second was: Crap! It's Valentine's Day already??

You, woman, have your act together. We will, like always, be scribbling names on valentine's right before bed Tuesday night...or Wednesday morning.

bobbione8y said...

oh. great post. i like the dramatic spacing that made me scroll down and look at each child individually :))

happy balentines day DeAnn!

carey said...

Balentines Day is definitely for girls. My boys chose Star Wars cards with ugly creatures on them--not exactly romantic.

May the Force be with you all this Valentines Day.

Karen said...

Ok, DeAnn. Time to give me some advice. E doesn't want to do Valentines, says they're "for girls." Should I make him??

DeAnn said...

K-yeah, I would still make him. I made Brody. I told him even girls are his friends too. It doesn't mean he has to marry them or anything! Good Luck!

Susan said...

Hope you are having a great day. Love the post, the kids look amazing. I am eyeing the boatload of candy the kids just brought home. Every time I look at the Hershey kisses/hugs I think of you.

Susan said...

I should have said I look at the kisses & hugs and think of you because of your post back in Dec. when you had a picture of the Hershey hug and told us how much you liked them.

Don't want to give anyone the wrong idea and have rumors start. It didn't sound very good the way I put it. Ooops. Oh well, it gave me a good laugh though.