Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well, I am officially 36. Yes, it was my birthday today and to tell you the truth I completely forgot about it until my son came running out of the bathroom yelling "happy birthday mom!" I was still groggy, making my bh's coffee and it didn't hit me right away. Oh yeah, I thought, it is my birthday. Another year older. Can I really be in my late 30's? I never thought it would happen. And here it is. My dad calls me every year on this day and asks "so do you feel any older?" this morning I would have politely said yes. But after I shrugged off the morning stiffness, 36 didn't seem so bad.

So I packed up my bh for his day of work and hopped in the shower, ready to hit being 36 head on. My day was good and we celebrated tonight. My youngest had to have the party hats from a year ago out so we all wore ours during the candle lighting. Being 36 is really way better than when I turned 21...for one, I will remember it (you know what I am talking about all you SDSU girls) and two, celebrating with my bh , my kids and my friends made this birthday one of the best.

Gosh, did I say I was 36? I meant 29...yeah that's it...29... :)

5 comments:

Karen said...

Let's get something straight here. 36 is MID 30s, not LATE 30s. I will not be in my late 30s until I'm 39.5. Fight it, sister, fight it.

I do agree, though, that life just keeps getting better. And no, I do not remember my 21st b-day...or pretty much the whole year.

DeAnn said...

hehehe...

I know what you mean. And you're right, 36 IS mid-30's, what was I thinking? Must have been too much cheesecake...

carey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Ah, man. I wish I had a calendar that reminded me of such things...or an address book...or a day planner...

but at any rate, you look HOT for 36.
No worries. Those college girls got nothing on you.

bobbione8y said...

hey you young hip blogger chicks! my life took a huge turn for the better when i turned 39, and it keeps getting more and more and more and more, well, some things are still pretty young :)) most of those things are on the inside, but still.

happy birfday DeAnn!

Chris said...

Happy late B-Day, DeAnn! You really don't look a day over 29!:) And as a person who remembers all you SDSU girl's 21st b-days (including my own), I am glad it keeps getting better!