Sunday, January 28, 2007


I sometimes think about my kids, I mean really think about them and how much I love them. I don't think I ever really knew love until my kids came along. And I worry sometimes that I am doing a good job at bringing them up. I wonder if I'm being a good enough role model, I wonder if I'm making the right decisions for them, I wonder if I'm as good of a parent as mine were. We went to church this morning and I saw a mom with her kids and I thought, wow, she is a really good mom. And then I start thinking, am I a good mom? I don't know, I mean I think I am but what if I'm missing something that won't show up until later? One of the things I most worry about is the kids straying from God. I have seen first hand at how my prayers have been answered and I know He has this awesome plan for each one of us. I have learned to just give my days, give my life to Him and trust Him with everything I have because He has the blueprint on us. I just hope to somehow relate that to my kids as they grow up. I talk to my mom and dad several times a week and I guess they worried too, just as I do. And I turned out okay. So maybe I need to remind myself of that when I start thinking too much.

It's a crazy thing to worry about, I know. But I do sometimes. I wonder if they will call me in 20 years when they have their own kids and say the same thing to me? If they do, I'll probably have the answer.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I know exactly how you feel. I hope that my kids can learn the value and importance of walking with God without the detours I took to get there. That is my greatest fear, that they will make the mistakes that I have...I know, they need to make their own, but I wish I could protect them from themselves. :-)

I think that God places a high value on the prayers of mothers, so I will use my strongest, best weapon and continue to get down on my knees for them.

carey said...

deann, i don't think i've ever met nicer, kinder or better mannered kids than yours. i have always attributed it to your kindness. all three of them are beautiful, inside and out, just like their mother. i can tell that God moves in your life every single day. it shows in all you do, and especially in your little people.
i love you.

ps: haven't been able to comment on your blog in awhile, i miss you!!