Thursday, January 04, 2007

I am running a mile a day.

Call it a new years resolution, call it crazy but hey there is money involved! This is the 3rd year the Lewis & Clark Runner's Club is putting this fundraiser on and my first year signing up for the challenge. It's pretty easy...everyone who wants to join pays $20 and either walks or runs a mile a day. At the end of the year, whoever is still in takes home the prize. Just a few weeks ago, the winner took home $1,000! Quite a Christmas bonus! You are allowed 2 mulligans to use during the year which I know I will have to use up. But for now I have begun the challenge. My dog and I run at night since that is the only time I can get out. Running in the dark is so different, so beautiful. My bh has suited me up with a cold weather gear and a light I can wear on my forehead. I'm sure cars driving up on me wonder what that little red light is bouncing up and down. So far, it's been a great situation for everyone...I'm supporting the runner's club, my dog is getting in good shape, I get to talk to God every night in the way I love to, just me and Him.

And I get to wear my own headlight...what can beat that?!

8 comments:

carey said...

it sounds awesome, I'm even motivated to try it without the $1000. i picture you out there running and it makes me smile ;)

Anonymous said...

So cool! I'm smiling at your alone-time with God.

Anonymous said...

How is there a winner? Does it have to do with how many miles you end up running by the time it's all finished? I'm glad you have your dog with you running at night, be careful! I'm proud of you.

bobbione8y said...

I laugh. not because of you, but knowing that i know what you know about running.

i have been thinking about this post for the last 2 days, wondering how i got so far away from the person who used to love to run. i think i associate it with a really bad time in my life...that, and i am lazy.

but, i laugh because i know that it is addictive. and that it is so good-feeling that strapping on a headlight in the middle of the night for a run, seems, logical ;)

you GO girl! and maybe i will try to go a mile - just for today :))

DeAnn said...

This thing is pretty cool...you just have to run a mile a day and you're still in the challenge. Right now there are 100 people registered and the deadline is Monday. So, the pot is up to $2,000! It's just a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

I so admire you.

Anonymous said...

Do you have to live in SD to be in the challenge? It sounds like fun!

DeAnn said...

Yeah, unfortunately you do. Just because it's a smaller town and everyone pretty much knows everyone so they can use the "honor" system. Do you have a club or something there? If not, maybe you should create one! And make a mile-a-day challenge there! We all even get our own t-shirts...it's a thought for you to consider!