Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I talked to my brother today on the phone. We usually talk every other week or so, just to catch up and say hi. And everytime I hang up with him, I instantly feel happy. Brian is my only sibling and I must say, I am lucky to have him. He's 3 years older than and we have always been close but it seems we have gotten closer in different ways over the years. He has always lived far from us. But sometimes I think that's a cool thing because when we get together for our yearly visits, it is that much sweeter. I wish you could know Brian. He's more than just a brother, he's a friend. It's funny...he lives in Chicago, we live in SD and it seems like it is so much closer. Brian and his wife have 3 kids...12, 9, and their girl is 7. Just like our kids. So you can imagine when we do get together it's like one big party. We all look foward to flying out every year and spending a week just hanging out, playing, touring zoos, cheering on the Cubs and Bears and being together. I think about Brian a lot and how some people have a whole bunch of brothers and sisters and I have just one. One brother who I love very much. It makes me happy to know even though he is thousands of miles away, he's always a phone call away, just waiting to talk to his only sister. Quite a bond I'd say.

Here's to siblings...or in my case, sibling.

P.S. GO BEARS!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my family, too. We are so lucky to have them.

Chris said...

I'm with you, here's to my brother Brook! We have also grown closer through out the years, even though we are far a part. Really being a part has been a great thing for us. Family is so important.

Karen said...

I'm proud of you for taking the time to be thankful for your bro. I am not that close to mine (also in Chicago!), and it leaves a hole in my heart. You have encouraged me to work on that relationship.

bobbione8y said...

hey D, i'm a "one brother girl" too... i cannot say i have a close relationship with my brother, that is one of those things i'm still praying for, but someday!! i pray we will know each other, really.