Thursday, January 25, 2007

I just can't wear that headlight any longer...

From a previous post, I was wearing my own personal headlight my bh would make me wear so drivers would see me running in the dark. It has gone okay but I am tired of fighting the snow, ice and cold. There is no pleasure in dodging tiny ice pellets from cars passing by. I have retired the headlight for a more pleasant run during this time of year. It's called treadmill. My bh and I joined a health club. This one is new and different from the rest. It's called Anytime Fitness...open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Perfect for our sometimes chaotic schedule. My bh can go relieve some stress at 3 in the morning if he prefers. I like going in the daylight while my kids are at school or practices. Don't get me wrong, I prefer running outdoors, listening to my MP3 player loaded with praise songs but there is something to be said about, well, warmth. I'm not too keen on the cold air frosting my lips. So I'll do my miles on a treadmill for awhile, still listening to my praise music and still talking to God while I run. I forget about the people next to me at times...but who cares?! Maybe they'll start talking to God while they run too...

5 comments:

Chris said...

Good for you! How aweful it would be to run in the cold & snow. No thank you mam!! I know I am weird, but I would rather run on a treadmill. I hate running outside because it is harder!:) I love walking outside with my doggies though.

Karen said...

All that matters is that you do the miles! I am such a fair-weather runner, don't know what I'll do when we (inevitably) move somewhere that actually has seasons...

bobbione8y said...

you never know when you might want just ONE more cold weather run, but i don't think i could face it at night with a headlight either :))

maybe more like in the middle of the afternoon when the warm sun is shining down on the cold snowy ground !

crap - you guys are making me miss being a runner!

Susan said...

I am amazed by you guys who first of all run. I was not built for the road. Second, run in the elements.

Being inside is a good thing this time of year. I prefer either the eliptical at home or the club, plus the club has child care where little man can socialize for up to 2 hours. :-)

DeAnn said...

Oh I wish there was a place with a daycare...this club is thinking about it, I hope they do. It would open more opportunities for us to go. I think the same of your tennis...I envy you! I never had that coordination to hit the ball over the net!