Wednesday, September 20, 2006



My girls. Only 4 and 6 and how they have changed my life. When I was a little girl I always wanted to have a girl so I could fix her hair...and I got it! Two heads of beautiful hair to brush and braid. The oldest sometimes complains but someday I know she will understand why I just love to brush her hair, for no reason at all. They are best friends and it's so great to see them play together. The youngest does everything the oldest does. Like two peas in a pod. Okay it's not perfect all the time. There are squabbles, arguements over who gets what Barbie and who gets to wear the sparkly shirt, but all in all, they love each other. I pray they stay close when they get older. I'm very close to my only brother and I couldn't imagine not having him in my life. My girls talk about us doing "girl" things when we get older...like getting "pickles" on our eyes, as the 6-yr. old says, going to movies, shopping and getting our nails done. Yes, i have very girl-y girls. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I look forward to all the times we will share, as girls. Because there is nothing better than being a girl and doing all those "girl" things together.

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

isn't it funny that you got 2 girly girls because you dreamed about doing hair, and Care got two boys because she was kind of afraid of what she would do with anything at all! God just KNOWS, doesn't He?

:) your girls are beautiful...

DeAnn said...

I know! That is so funny! Although I still don't know if I know what I'm doing. Even with my son. But you are right, God knows. He somehow gives us what we need to see what we really have inside to give. Does that make sense?! You made my night, thanks!

D

carey said...

Yes, I'm much better at pretending I'm a T-Rex than I would be at playing Barbie. Unless the T-Rex was eating Barbie...

For the record, anyone who is reading and does not know DeAnn, those girls look JUST LIKE HER, and they are just as sweet.

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous shot I suppose you can't take a bad picture when the subject matter are so adorable. Love the dark eyes and thick hair. Absolutely beautiful!

Chris said...

DeAnn-
You really have the best pictures on your blog, of course look who I am talking about. I never knew you are such a good photog! DeAnn, out of all our friends in college, I feel like I knew you the least. I always wanted to know more, but we didn't connect back then as much. You seem now to me very confident and happy with who you are & it shows. Your kids are beautiful, and your girls do look soooo much like you. I really hope that through these blogs we do get to know each other so much better!