Tuesday, June 29, 2010


My kids have become lake bums. Well, maybe not so much of the bum part because they swim and play pretty hard when we're there. They easily could hit the beach everyday and we pretty much have since the weather (and water) turned warm. I am even sporting tan lines again which I haven't seen in awhile. It's not healthy I know, but I have to admit, I like it! It's nice being so close to the lake. There is even a beach we can just ride our bikes to instead of driving to our usual spot. So when the chores are done at home, we can take a dip in no time flat. It's fun to watch how each one of them is so different in the water...Emerson doesn't stop to take a breath, Madison is a bit more timid and doesn't like to get her head wet. It messes up her hair you know. Brody does the american crawl to the buoys and tries to impress the girls. It's quite the deal to watch and I love doing it. That explains my tan lines! Sunday we all went to the nice beach about 4 miles away with Seth. We took the cooler, floaties and all the beach goods and spent the afternoon in the sun. The weather was a picture perfect beach day. So if you can't find us home working, you'll know where we'll be. Come visit us!

3 comments:

carey said...

i see right through you. when can we come? :)

DeAnn said...

You knew what I was hinting at, didn't you?!?! I've got the 2nd and 3rd weekend in July open...Wednesdays and Fridays are good too. Can you come can you come?!?

Karen said...

I wish your beach was 4 miles from Rapid...