Friday, July 16, 2010

I am so loving summer! I just wish it would slow down a bit so I can enjoy it longer. These kids of mine are growing up fast and before long, I won't have these summer months with them. We have taken in each day to the fullest, or at least try to. Fishing, swimming, hiking, beaching, eating, running, playing...I love the age of the kids right now. It's easy to take them anywhere and enjoy everything. They are still young enough to appreciate it and they still think mom and dad are cool. We've been having some wonderful summer memories. Okay so there are the occasional spats and disagreements...but all in all, I couldn't have asked for a better summer.

Today the kids are going to SF. The girls are going to stay with my mom and Brody is going to stay with my dad. They are going to have a blast and it's some time apart from each other. Even though Brody is a great big brother, he still needs that male bonding time away from the girls! I scheduled the whole weekend off from photo appointments. Anyway, that leaves me. And Seth. For the weekend. With no kids. And no work. Just us. Um...I don't know if that has ever happened. Seriously. I don't even know if we will know what to do. It will be quiet. So quiet. But, I am so excited for the time. We are going to shoot in an archery tournament together tomorrow and go out to eat of course. We'll probably hit the beach and actually relax! It's all kind of spontaneous which is good for the soul. I hope the wind stays away so we can be outside as much as possible. It will be a good weekend for everyone. That is my hope anyway!

Happy Weekend to you, my blog friends!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah! Can't wait to hear how it went!!

carey said...

Sounds like heaven. I am waiting for the boys to both have sleepovers on the same night. Seems it never quite works out...:)