Wednesday, June 23, 2010


After a busy weekend and unexpectedly getting to spend the day with my fellow bloggirl, Rani...this week has been a nice transition to yet another weekend. We have been to the lake, to the pool and thru the spinklers in hopes of staying cool! I have been trying to get my runs in early so I don't have to battle the humidity as much but apparantly I haven't been getting out early enough. I come home looking like a drowned rat! I got an email saying the Chicago Marathon is 4 months away...I swallowed the lump in my throat. I just can't believe how fast this summer is going and how fast that time is coming. So I guess I'm officially in training. As long as I can fit in pool/lake/sprinkler time, I'm okay with whatever training schedule I have to do!
So back to Rani...it was so cool! I am in Scotland, SD to do a wedding shoot. It was my husband's boss's son getting married. I talked to the bride a couple of times before. Her last name was Gordon but I never thought anything about it. I went to the church to do my pre-wedding church shots when nobody is there. I grab the bulletin to photograph it and see the names Gavin, Maleah, Addison Gordon...my mind thinks for a second and then it clicked. Rani's kids! The bride and Rani's husband are brother/sister! I couldn't wait to see Rani! Not more than 5 minutes later, Rani walks in, sees me and we both just screamed!!! What a small world! So lucky me, I got to spend the day with Rani and her beautiful family. And let me tell you, after seeing her cutie kids in pictures all these years, they are even CUTER in person!! We could not have planned it any better. I love surprises...especially this kind!
Well, enough blogging for now, friends. Must get to some computer work that does not involve my social circle. Although that is more fun! :) Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are too kind.

Was Nora cuter before she screamed and I had to take her out and blow bubbles? Like I've said a million times. We are pretty good birth control for the younger half of Ryan's family.

Super great to see you. SUPER!

bobbione8y said...

that sounds really fun ;)) i love our small little blog world. it's nice to be reminded that it goes beyond the computer every once in awhile ;)

Karen said...

Was it the first time? Had you ever met before?

DeAnn said...

We met once before in Sioux Falls for Bobbi's b-day but it was 3-4 years ago?!

Karen said...

I am soooooo jealous. I can't imagine walking into a room and seeing one of you. It would rock my world.

DeAnn said...

I really think it will happen someday when we least expect it, Karen!

Karen said...

Well...I'm going to Rapid on the 4th and will be there until the 19th. What better time?