Tuesday, June 01, 2010

It was the best weekend ever!

Celebrated 16 years with my fabulous hubby for starters. Hard to believe we've made it that far...honestly, it still seems like year one at times. We laugh, we joke, we reminisce, we still hold hands. It's been really cool. I think he's made me a better me. Can't wait to see what the next 16 years will bring!

After a couple of photo shoots, a run and Brody's mowing job, we packed up and headed to Mitchell to visit the Grosdidier's. I wish I could tell you how much fun we had in words! It was the BEST! Carey made us burgers, dogs, salad and Josh's blue jello rocked! We ate, drank corona and talked and talked. I think the hubby's had more in common than they thought! The kiddos had a blast. Jace and Josh are awesome boys...I think my girls have a slight crush. hehe! Brody thought being with BOYS was the cat's meow (as he put it) I can't wait to do it again. Even the kids are asking when we can get together again. So, Carey, next time it's my turn. We can't let so much time pass before seeing each other! Your house is BEAUTIFUL and you deserve every square foot of it! It's just amazing. I was thinking on the drive home when the kids all fell asleep, how lucky I am to have met Carey. We really are like two peas in a pod. I am in awe how much our thoughts are so similar. We were meant to be friends and I am so incredibly blessed to have her in my life. She makes me feel like a million bucks! THANK YOU, Carey for an awesome evening! It really was the best part of the weekend! I love you!

Then came Sunday...more running, more work around the house and just relaxing together. Seth made ribs on the grill, built a bonfire and ate under the gazebo while it's up and the wind hasn't take it down yet! My dad came yesterday for a few hours to visit and it's always nice to see him. I still get so excited when I know he's coming...just like a little girl! He's the best! And now today, I'm packing for the hills. We leave tomorrow. So anxious to get there and see the cabin. I wish the race were earlier...I'm nervous about it. I always get nervous before races but I'm just sure I'm ready for this one. I'm thankful there are no hills! AFter the last race, hills are the last thing I want to tackle!

So, summer is officially here so far, I'm LoViNg it! I just hope it doesn't go by too fast. Happy June to you all!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Okay, wait. DO NOT LEAVE TOWN without posting the pics you took at Carey's. I know you took some because it was the first thing I asked when she told me you came to visit.

Also. No hills in the Deadwood marathon? How can that be?

DeAnn said...

Yep...no hills! It starts near Rochford, 6300 hundred feet altitude and ends in Deadwood, 2300 feet! It's a gradual downhill course. Love it!

I had my camera but only took a couple! We were having so much fun, I forgot to snap away! I did take one of Seth hanging upside down on Jamie's incline machine thingy...it was in their bedroom...hehehe! :)

Karen said...

Incline thingy in the bedroom.

Huh.

Have so much fun in the Hills!

carey said...

deann, i know you are on vaca but wanted to wish you virtual luck tomorrow. i know you will love it, it's my favorite run ever.

the incline thingy is for the husband's back. it's huge and ugly and he's used it about 4 times. i told him it's going downstairs unless it becomes a daily habit.

so far no daily habit. i'm pretty happy about that.

Karen said...

Congrats!!!

bobbione8y said...

yay on the race! i saw your time on FB, you are amazing!!!

i hope it was super fun :)