Monday, August 04, 2008

I've been running almost everyday now. 2 races coming up which I'm looking forward to. I love to run. A lot of little problems get solved when I'm on my routes. It's my time to zone out and just go into my own little world and really enjoy the sights.

Have you ever had one of those days? Last week I had a couple of those days. My youngest had another one of her fainting spells one day which always throw me off. I know she's fine but it's so hard to watch. She lost a tooth, it bled, and down she went. We have decided we may have to pull her loose teeth out in her sleep or something!

It just seemed like a few things snowballed from there. Both my parents and step mom are having some health issues and it made me sad. To know they are getting older and realizing how my dad who normally is the most active person I know, is slowing down. I just hope and pray the doctors will be able to help.

School starts here in 16 days. My girls are excited to see their friends again and so is my son. The difference this year is that my son starts middle school. It's a whole new experience. All four elementary schools combine along with 7th and 8th graders, making for one big school. I worry about it at times, all the "stuff" he'll be exposed to. For so long, we can shelter them from a lot of things. Keep them in bubble in a way. But now, I realized he will have to fend for himself with some things. It's coming and there's nothing I can do but watch, trust him and hope that our parenting up to this point will keep him on the right path.

So here I am blogging about my worries to my blogfriends. I think you all know me better than my friends here at home! Sometimes I think about that. Out of the many friends I have here, there are very few that really, really know me. There are few that really know my beliefs, my worries, my happinesses and still love me anyway. That's why I love this blogging thing...I can reveal a lot in words and know that you'll read, understand and still keep coming back.

I was running Saturday, sweating like crazy in the heat, and remembered, worry is not a good word. Everything in life is really out of my control. I have to put it back into the hands of the one person who has control. God. Right then, the "sun" came back out and I was comforted. Amazing how that happens. No more clouds here, it's all sunshine this week.

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yeah!

He did that for me too last week DeAnn ;) aren't we so blessed to be His children?!

i am so glad you share yourself with us. it's an honor to "know" you :)

have a good week, dear!

carey said...

oh, deann. i love reading your honest words. you're right. we worry about so many things we can do nothing about except pray. running is a good time for prayer, so i'm glad you do it every day!!

love ya, i'll let you know about sunday.

Unknown said...

I am so glad you have an outlet. I wish I had something to take away the clouds...besides food. I am happy for you.

Karen said...

Why oh why can't I enjoy running like you do??? I've been at it again, but every single step is TORTURE. I guess, though, it does cause me to pray a lot. :-)

Chris said...

Thanks for this blog DeAnn, I know I needed to read this. My time to zone out and just be with God is while hiking with the pooches. I am so glad to know you too, and I too love how free it feels to say what you really want to say without triping over spoken words.