Friday, August 22, 2008





I know it's not the nicest phrase in the world but after school started for my 1st grader, 3rd grader and 6th grader, all I can say is...holy crap!


It's middle school for the oldest and needless to say, it's quite the experience, dropping him off with a million other kids whom I have no idea who they are, watching him go off to make choices that I no longer have control over. He's in the first photo opening his time capsule they made last January. The rule was to open it the day before middle school. He read the letters from his friends, his teachers, me. There were some photos and some neat things to remember elementary school. Yes, I cried. I figured I may as well let it out then in the privacy of our backyard instead of at the school yard! I can't tell you how much i want to stand out front of the school like I used to, watching him go in, just to make sure he's in safe. umm, can't do that anymore. I have let him go, off to the world of Middle School. Kind of gives me that funny feeling in the pit of my stomach if I think about it too much. They're all doing great though and although a little sleepier at night, things are going well. Scheww.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Wow DeAnn! I can't believe he is old enough for middle school! Time goes so fast. You are such a great mom to let him go into this new phase of his life instaed of trying to hold him back, even though you feel like you want him to stay young, you are still letting him grow.

Karen said...

What the heck is happening here! In my mind, we're still college girls just playing this grown-up game. I have a sophomore this year, for Pete's sake!

My heart is with you, DeAnn. It's all just going way too fast.

carey said...

deann, i know it's hard but he is such a good kid. he'll do well. he's ready for middle school. you are the one who might have some adjustment anxiety :)