Thursday, August 07, 2008





I love love love finding hidden treasures that look ugly but can make a beautiful picture. Take for instance this big slab of cement just sitting by the river. It's not attractive when you just glance at it...but I see it as something totally different and unique. These girls LOVED it. Very rustic. There's even some splattered paint or something on it. Or the piece of wood just nailed up to an abandoned building downtown. I love taking these "props" and making them pretty. The more unusual, the better. And so far, I've gotten rave reviews about these hidden blocks of cement. Now I just need to find some really cool graffiti...

4 comments:

carey said...

it's all about finding beauty in things that other people don't take the time to see. there's a good lesson there. God is showing you all kinds of stuff through that camera lens, isn't he?

bobbione8y said...

come to sf deann!

have i got graffiti for you :)

i love your pics. something about seeing these kids at this point in life, all excited to just go out and BE. they make me happy :)

Karen said...

So cool, DeAnn. I love what you do.

Chris said...

Yeah, I have graffiti for ya too. Karen knows this place. There is a nature park with hiking trails in the middle of town here called Palmer Park. There is a spot there with uniquely shaped red rocks, and when you satnd on top of those you can see a good share of the park all around. I went last Sunday to discover graffiti all over those beautiful rocks. That was not very pretty! But I love your pics of the cement. You really do make them beautiful.