Monday, June 23, 2008


We did it! My son and I took the Bowhunters Safety Education Class yesterday and we passed the test! Yes, I said test. Something I haven't done in 15 years so I was nervous. The class was ALL DAY...7 a.m.-5 p.m. I listened intently, taking notes in every chapter. (I wish I would have been so diligent like that when I was in college!) Anyhoo, it was so cool to be taking it with my boy. We had a good time. It was a long day, but we had a lunch break and met up with the rest of the family for food. That was a nice break. We were sweating bullets when they handed out the test...turned out to be much easier than anticipated. Must have been all those scratch notes I was taking. (Again, wish I would have been more like that in college, but mug nights were much more important then...hehe!) So after 10 hours of learning all about bowhunting, we passed, got the cards and now we are able to apply for game tags. My hubby was pretty excited about it. He loves teaching us, coaching us. We celebrated by relaxing over a bonfire and made plans for future trips. I have to tell you, I am pretty excited to go deer hunting. My son is not quite strong enough yet but he will be by next year. I really think the best part about this is that it's growing in to a family sport for us. We'll be able to experience the wilderness as a family and have so much fun doing it. And that's what's most important.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good for you guys! It's great to have some activities that you all can do together. Do you think the girl's follow suit? Happy Tree-stands!