Friday, June 20, 2008

I hate conflict. I will do anything to avoid it. I just like everyone to be happy and get along. Sometimes I find myself agreeing to something, or not saying anything at all, even though inside I disagree. I'm just not good at dealing with conflict. But something has come up today with my husband that I feel pretty strongly about. He doesn't know anything about it yet. I'm debating whether to even bring it up at all or if I should just let it go. If I do decide to bring it up, I know it can't be right when he comes home from work, from experience, that is just not a good time. It's on my mind hard right now, talk about it, possibly bringing up a conflict or avoid the conflict altogether and not say anything. I prefer the latter but then I risk feeling resentment towards him and towards myself. That's not good either. To be honest, I struggle with maintaining that balance between knowing when to speak up and when not to. It all comes down to just wanting to make everyone happy. If only I had a little more confidence. So, I said a little prayer, asking for the right thing to do, the right words to say.

Help me to deal with conflict!

3 comments:

Susan said...

So how are you doing? Think that we should maybe combine you and me and we would have a balanced conflict person. I tend to find it rather than avoid...

If you need anything let me know.

DeAnn said...

WOOHOO...conflict resolved. It was still hard for me to confront, but I did and it was the right thing to do. Thanks for the comment Susan. You made me smile! Next time I need help with those conflicts, let's hook up. Or at least I'll contact you first for a little advice.

:)

Karen said...

I could have written that post myself, DeAnn. This might be the thing about myself that I most dislike. I am such a wimp. Fortunately, my husband is the only person on earth I feel free to duke it out with (which has its own disadvantages). I'm glad you've got this one under your belt.