Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's 1:30 a.m. and I'm working late tonight, getting caught up on all the appointments I've had the last couple of weeks. People have definitely started thinking about the covers of their holiday cards. It's been great, I've met some really neat people and have received some nice thank you's in the mail from people liking their finished pictures. I honestly could take pictures everyday, I just enjoy it so much. When I get behind a camera, I kind of lose myself in the real world and just get caught up in the action in front of the lens. I've done lots of weddings this fall, some seniors and a ton of kids (secretly, they're my favorites). I did a family last week and the dad is leaving for Iraq for the second time on Wednesday. I got him with his family, his wife and just his kids. It will be a great CD he'll get to take with him. I'm glad I got to do that for him. Another family had their full bred St. Bernard with them...she was huge and the sweetest 160-pound dog I've ever met. She posed very well. So with all the families I've been doing, I started thinking about our family and how we need a photo for the xmas card. And if you know the boys in my family, they don't like me mentioning it. My girls are all for it, hair done, smiles on, trying to pose us. So I brought it up one night during a Charlie's Pizza supper and surprisingly enough, they didn't balk. Before anyone could change their mind, I dressed us up, set the timer, bribed my son with a buck, my hubby with a backrub and snapped away. We actually had fun, waiting for the little beeper to go off before the camera flashed. We got the photo. It looks pretty good considering I have ten seconds to get in position! I was going to post the photo but blogger is having a technical difficulty, so it will wait until the next time. Hope you are all sleeping well...


Good night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

First let me say Charlie's pizza rocks. Second, what a beautiful family. Bribes or not, you got this one in the bag.

DeAnn said...

Have you been to Charlie's Pizza?! You're right, it rocks. We make it there at least once a month.