Tuesday, August 07, 2007


It's an annual tradition...one summer weekend, my son gets to stay with his grandma and grandpa in Sioux Falls. They go to baseball games, the movies, the watershow, retaurants and he gets to pick out his favorite Playstation2 game. He loves it. He got his weekend a month ago and this year, we decided the girls should have a turn. so this was their first weekend away by themselves in Sioux Falls. We picked them up on Sunday and I truly don't think they missed us at all! They got a pedicure/manicure, went to Rataouille, McDonalds and the watershow. They loved it. My stepmom gave each little one ankle bracelets as a reminder of their first stay with them. I love the memories they come home with. As the kids say, grandma and grandpa are the best!
Yes, they are.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

that's a neat tradition.

some of my favorite memories are of staying with grandma and grandpa in aurora during the summer while my mom had her "career" job in brookings at the ben franklin.

:) they will treasure those weekends, i can guarantee that.

DeAnn said...

When I was a kid, my brother and I would stay with my grandparents in Luverne, MN every summer. I remember those weekends like it was yesterday. So I'm especially glad we are doing this with my kids. Those memories are so great to have.

carey said...

my grandma always made pancakes in the shapes of animals...