Friday, August 17, 2007



This weekend is kind of like our last hurrah before school starts. It's Riverboat Days here in Yankton, where the town of 18,000 suddenly swells to 100,000. My girls dance tonight...which meant a week of dress rehearsals and run thru's. Tomorrow morning I'm running the 5K...it's a great race which goes along the parade route so lots of people cheering us on. Then the huge parade, then it's down to the river for lots of food, shopping at the hundreds of booths and letting the kids go crazy with the "kid" stuff. My son plays in a 3-on-3 basketball tournie. The night brings a sitter for the kids, my hubby and I and friends head back down to listen to Kory and the fireflies and partake in the adult festivities. Sunday we usually go back again for more food. Those darn funnel cakes...I love 'em.
So it's our annual tradition of saying goodbye to summer before school starts next week. It's a great time, we look forward to it every year. Seems like we were just there last year. I've said it before...the summer months go way too fast...

1 comment:

Karen said...

Well? Was it fun? I haven't been to Riverboat Days for yeeeaaaarrs, DeAnn, but I remember that it's really fun. I hope your last hurrah was a great one!