Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We decided to go to Sioux Falls Saturday for a day of shopping and of course, visiting grandma and grandpa. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of things on our list. Seems like everyone else in the city had the same long list. The traffic was so crowded. Now I grew up in Sioux Falls and never have I remembered it taking 15 minutes to get from the mall to Target...but I digress. So I dropped my bh and son off at the Sportman's Warehouse and us girls headed to check off one item on my list...shoes. I noticed a new store opened called Shoe Carnival. Hmmm, looked interesting. I decided to check it out.

Wow, I have never been in such a shoe frenzy in all my life. And the worst part is, I joined right in!

There was a stack of these really great shoes...$84.99 marked down to $49.98..Not bad but continued to wander the isles. Suddenly over the loudspeaker, an employee announced that for the next 8 minutes, there would be another $20.00 taken off those shoes...I quickly calulated in my head...$29.98 for an $84.00 shoe! I love a bargain as much as the next woman, grabbed my girls hands and told them to hang on tight! I dashed for the size 8's as well as everyone else in the store. It was a madhouse. People were grabbing shoes from all over. They were even flying up in the air. I wasn't giving up. This was too good of a deal. I found my size in 2 different colors, ran to the checkout and got my bargain price just in the nick of time. Whew. We all made it out alive. I was just hoping the next stores would not be so intense. But it was kind of fun. Although my bh told me I was nuts when I told him the story. I quickly reminded him of HIS saying after a shopping spree in Cabelas...."It's not how much I spent, it's how much I saved..." He smiled and told me he loved my new shoes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

shoes are SO worth a chaotic shopping experience...jealous here.

Karen said...

I KNEW that one was going to come in handy! Give us a shoe pic, please.

Chris said...

Shoe Carnival can be fun. Buying shoes you love at discounted sale, priceless! I love shoes!