Friday, March 16, 2007

My son got his first phone call from a girl.

The phone rang, I answered and a girl asked for Brody. I gave the phone to him and he went into another room. A few minutes later he came out kind of laughing. Then he told the story how it was this new girl in his class and she called to tell him that Jessi had a crush on him. Apparantly both girls were together so there was a lot of giggling in the background...he said he didn't know what to say so he said bye and hung up. Brings back lots of memories for me when my best friend, Angie, and I would do the exact same thing. We'd call Jay, giggle and then hang up. And now here I am, watching my son get those same calls. And I know it's only the beginning. My how they grow up.

I told my son to get used to those calls...he just shook his head and said he didn't understand girls at all!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yikes. I have mixed emotions on this one! It is funny to realize now that little girls and little boys are in a totally different place developmentally. I remember that we always used to wonder why the boys didn't seem to notice us, and were sure they were pretending...now I know that they weren't even aware of our existence! I hope it's a long time before the Monkey loses his willingness for ME to be his only "girlfriend." Not sure I can hack this one, DeAnn!

Unknown said...

I don't want them to grow up, where is Never Never Land when you need it?

Chris said...

You all are in trouble! But I think in a good way. You are good moms and are raising good, loving, respectful boys. So, when they are ready for girls....I was going to say it will go smoothly, but we know that they have a lot of learning to go here (some of us are still learning!), but what I really mean is they have great moms to help them through this weird time. Always keep the lines of communication open.