Monday, August 30, 2010








First day of school pics finally up! Madison started 5th grade, Emerson started 3rd grade and Brody started 8th grade. Kudos to Brody for posing for me...he think he's getting a bit too old for these first day of school pictures. You can never get too old for them, right? The last picture is from a few weeks ago when my brother and his family were here from chicago...we celebrated my dad's 70th bday...he's in the red shirt and to me, looks fabulous! We had such a great time together. These get togethers are only once, maybe twice a year so it's always very special. My dad teared up a little. He called it a gem of a day. We all spent time at the lake, Wild Water West in SF and just being together for 3 whole days. The kids had a blast, especially the girlies...for not seeing each other very often, these cousins pack in so much, it's like no time has passed. Morgan was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes when she was 2 years old and is such a trooper with it. She teaches my girls all about her disease and how she has to check her blood quite often. It's good for my kids to see that even with diabetes, she can eat and do everything they do. It's so wonderful how she inspires us. I love it. I love getting to see them. My brother is the coolest guy ever. He's the goods. We already are looking forward to next summer and our next visit. Sure wished they lived closer. But chicago is always a fun place to get to go visit! Hope all is going well...a new month is around the corner!

3 comments:

carey said...

Aw. I hope back to school is going well for all the kids. Your family looks so great. How is back to school for you?

Karen said...

I thought I commented on this one???

I think I said something about your dad getting a great birthday gift, and then warned you that TM asked, "What's HER name?" in regard to Madison. :-)

bobbione8y said...

happy september DeAnn! the kids are NEVER too old for 1st day pics~! heck, i wish you would have been around to take one of me this year :))