Monday, September 06, 2010
















GO TEAM WHITETAIL!! Triple VVV Triathlon was yesterday morning. Perfect morning for a race! Seth and I were a team and did pretty good! We decided to choose the name Team Whitetail over Seth's first choice, Team 911. HA! He definitely had the hard parts...swimming 1/4 mile and biking 14 miles. I took the last leg with a 5K. There were 25 teams this year and about 200 individuals. We finished in 1:17:00, 8th place out of the 25. Not bad considering this was only our 2nd year doing this. Seth really trained for this race. My stomach was in knots when he was in the water...a few life jackets were being thrown out from the lifeguards on jet skis. It's a tough swim no matter how much you've trained. He thinks he may want to do the whole thing himself next year...which leaves me to either do it myself too...or find another team...and considering the swimming part freaks me out...I may be on a team again! Either way, we had fun doing this together, competing together and finishing together!

2 comments:

Karen said...

That is SO COOL. What an awesome team you are!!!

carey said...

You guys could be poster children for cool people :)

Very proud. That swim scares me, too. If you do ever need a swimmer and can't find one, my friend Sara would do it for you. She's a fish.