Thursday, August 19, 2010

My return to blogging has been loooonnnggg overdue! I don't even know what to say at this point! Business is crazy busy, school is back in session as of today and Riverboat Days is this weekend which means a 5K for Brody and I, 2 dance recitals for the girls and lots of fabulous food that is not at all good for you for Seth and I. It will be a great weekend. Marathon training is creeping right along and I squeeze in those long runs every chance I get. Sometimes it's in the dark, in the humidity and with a million bugs but I get it done. I swear once Oct. 10 is over, I'm going to give my poor knees a break and do something a bit more gentle on the ol' joints.

My big bro' and his family were here two weekends ago and it was an awesome visit! We hit the beach more than once, celebrated my dad's 70th birthday and dodged the big storm that closed a couple of campgrounds. It's been a whirlwind.

The kids started school today and it always makes me a bit sad...to see them growing up. How time flies. To say out loud that I have an 8th grader makes my stomach turn. There are times where if I am not looking at his face, I may not think it's him talking because his voice just keeps getting lower and lower! Standing on flat feet he can stare directly into my eyes. Only a couple of more inches and I'll be peering UP at him! My Madison is in her last year of elementary school...sniff sniff! And Emerson in bringing up the rear and started 3rd grade. Thank God i have those little girls to still have in elementary school. Now talk to me next year at this time and I won't be quite so cheery...Brody will start high school and Madison will start middle school on the same day. I don't think about that right now so I will change the subject....

I also started my school day job at my elementary school. I have the same position, a paraprofessional, and LOVE it! I love the teachers...we have our little family in our school. It fits in perfectly with running my business and still being with my kids. There is nothing better than working school hours! I am a bit more stressed once I go back to school as this is my busy time of year for seniors. But once pics start slowing down in November, then I have school to keep me busy. Then school gets out and my business picks up again.

Life is good right now. I like being at this point in my life. The kids are at a really cool age and I am so content with how my career path is heading. I am finally just content. And it only took 39 years to get to this point. There is something to be said for FAITH isn't there?!

So my return to blogging has not created the most interesting post and I apologize for the lack of creativity. But if I haven't said it lately, I think about you bloggirls everyday!!!

3 comments:

carey said...

i am just so glad i have you in my life. reading posts like this are like reading my own feelings. you are the goods. :)

Karen said...

My dad was at Riverboat Days, and couldn't believe how hot and humid it was! I'm very impressed with those PRs!!!

bobbione8y said...

i love your posts! i love that you love where you are in life. funny how it seems to make sense after awhile :)

i hope you have a great fall, not TOO busy, but just right...