Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I've gotta do it...I've gotta ask...why does there always seem to be a wet towel laying on the floor in the bathroom? With 3 kids taking showers nowadays, damp towels are a daily thing. But why do they end up on the floor?

We have 2 bathrooms, each with a shower. "My" bathroom is upstairs which seems to be the favorite with the kids. So, hubby gets the bathroom downstairs essentially all to himself. I always say in my perkiest voice, "Hey, why don't you guys use the bathroom downstairs?" Response? "No, it's too dark" "Ewwww, that's daddy's bathroom" "All my stuff is up here" Alas, I get to deal with the towels and the water that somehow makes it way outside of the tub. I've asked, I've blackmailed, I've demanded that all towels need to be hung up or else! But they somehow manage to fall back on the floor. Must be that little invisible man that does it, according to the kiddos.

Um, yes, this is a pet peeve of mine. No more being a softy. I mean business this time! Maybe I should putting up a sign...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I put a sticky note in our bathroom; "SHUT THE LID PLEASE" because Addison loves playing in the toilet.

It didn't work.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Karen said...

I can't offer you much hope here, either. Somehow towels are not an issue, but:
-yesterday's underwear (x3) on the floor
-20+ minute showers (x3), and
-a gross, overflowing garbage can that nobody seems to know how to empty
are all going to drive me NUTS.

bobbione8y said...

honestly you guys, the only thing as a single woman i can think of to say is,

"your only alternative is living alone."

:)

Chris said...

Yeah, and I often wish to have someone around who can help clean. Maybe I should rethink that.