Monday, February 23, 2009



I need help! Especially from all of you vintage experts. Our youth group at church is redoing their youth room and this chair was going to go in the dumpster. I saw it and thought it might make a really great photo prop. The fabric is from the 70's and my husband thinks it's ugly. But it spins, sits low on the floor and I think it would make a great chair for children. What do you think??? I need to know. Honestly. Should I leave it? Should I recover it? Should I go with the original plan and throw it away? Is it just plain ugly? My gut tells me it has potential. Just give it to me straight...and soon. I have some appointments this week!

6 comments:

bobbione8y said...

OMG!

love it. i kind of like the celery color as it is?! wouldn't it be cute contrasting little kids in swirly outfits and dress up clothes?

your gut is right girl. it's a keeper. eventually, you could redo it, but from the looks of it, it could work "as is"

just ask Carey about the santa chair :)

carey said...

yes, keep it. when kids where periwinkle blue (yay) they will look so cute in this chair :)

bobbione8y said...

ps. i will drive to yankton and TAKE that chair if you do not :))

i mean it. it's a good find...!

DeAnn said...

Oh man, thanks guys. I really needed to get your feedback. I just had this feeling about it that I should do something with it. Can you believe it was going to get thrown away?!

Bobbi, if it doesn't work out, I'll save it for you!!! :)

bobbione8y said...

oh, i am sure it will work out. you have such a touch with kids, can hardly wait to see how it will work :)

Karen said...

As I was reading this, I thought "Bobbi is going to want that chair."

:-)

Even I, clueless as I am, knew it was a keeper right away.