Thursday, November 06, 2008


You may have noticed our son's hair is a little different lately. It's called, "I give up on arguing about getting a haircut.: He's a great kid but if there has been one thing we disagree on, it's his hair. He has wanted to grow it long forever. He likes that shaggy look. And it didn't help when his Chicago cousin came to visit and had the shaggy hair he loves. So I decided a couple of months ago to stop fighting him about it and just let it be. I thought he would see how "bad" it looks long. I thought a cute girl would tell him she likes short, clean cut hair. I thought he would come home begging for a haircut. But instead, the curls are showing and after getting used to it, I honestly think it looks pretty good on him. The down side is, he has to shower every morning or it resembles a bird's nest. So long hair it is for awhile I guess. Could be worse...like wanting it green.

3 comments:

carey said...

he looks like a teenager. yikes!!

bobbione8y said...

i like it DeAnn.

but then, i DID grow up in the 70s!

Chris said...

At least he is cleaner! He does look cute.