Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I just found out yesterday that girls weekend is set for April. I marked my calendar and labeled it "mom's weekend away." I was thinking after I wrote that how much I really don't get to "shop" anymore. Really if it weren't for these weekends, I probably wouldn't get to a mall without kids/husband ever. My shopping abilities have been on the decline over the years. I don't even know what the latest trends are. When I was younger, I could spend hours at the mall, trying on clothes, matching shoes and jewelry. I loved planning my outfits for the next day. But now, i'm just lucky to find a shirt and pants that match. I just don't have the time to seriously shop. If I do get to clothing store, I'm always on a time limit..."only have 15 minutes before so and so needs to be picked up". so I end up cruising through, picking up the first black shirt I can find, then putting it back because I always feel like I wear too much black. Then I'm discouraged because I just wasted that precious time and came home with nothing. I really need to get away from black but I can't. I have recently found brown to be a nice color. too bad I can't pair the two up. Then I'd have a wardrobe. I don't even know what looks good on me. Last year, Carey was my deciding factor on some outfits...thank God for her. Lately, believe it or not, I have relied on my husband. He can give it to me straight on what looks good and what maybe needs to be sent back. So I am hoping someday my shopping abilities will come back and I can look like I belong in this century. Please someone send me to "What Not To Wear"!!!!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I am so with you, DeAnn! I really want to be in style, but heck, who has the time? The whole home schooling year has really ruined "style" for me. It's 9:34, and I'm still in my jammies...

carey said...

deann, we are dangerous together with our love of black. recently, i have begun wearing only under armour...so um...i'm not exactly a style icon here.

we'll do our best. we'll have a blast. and we'll try to buy something with colors other than black, white, khaki and periwinkle blue :)

bobbione8y said...

actually, YOU CAN mix brown and black. i have done that for years, and it really really works.

why switch what you love? with your dark hair, i bet black IS your color!

:)

Chris said...

Something tells me, DeAnn, that you aren't enough of a style 'victum' to get on that show. You look good without even trying! But wouldn't be nice to spend $5,000 on clothes in really good shops?!

Susan said...

Can't wait to see you and shop with you.