Thursday, February 03, 2011

A few weeks ago, a lady from the united way here in town called me and asked if I wanted to be a part of their 2nd annual shoot from the heart event. They wanted hunters and celebrity archers to be a part of the fundraiser. I was honored to be asked! So I immediately said yes. A few days later I get the email with all the details...I am going to be paired up with a "celebrity" and professional archery people and people vote on their favorite teams. so I guess we just go and get to shoot at the indoor archery range (which is a fantastic place by the way) but I began to think, what did I get myself into??

The event is tomorrow night (Friday). I saw the list of of "celebrities" and the list of hunters. I am the only girl on the the list of hunters!! No wonder they were so excited to have me there! Now I am thinking again, what did I get myself into? Well, my husband being the great one that he is, has my bow all set up for me. He is coming with me for moral support and to feast on all the venison appetizers! I still don't know what exactly I got myself into but it's for a great cause and it will be a great night out. I just hope I don't make a fool of myself!! I want to make a decent showing for women with bows and arrows! And a decent showing for my hubby who just as nervous as I am. Afterall, he is the one who taught me everything I know. Pray that I seem to know what I'm doing and that I hit the target a few times. I am more nervous about this whole gig than I was the night before the marathon. I'll let you know how it all pans out.

Saturday morning is the Frostbite Four in Beresford, my first road race of the year in my new age bracket! The one positive of getting older! I have come in 2nd in this race for the last 3 years so I am bound and determined to come home with the trophy...I just hope I don't actually get frostbite. My mom is meeting me and the kids there so I get to see her too. What a great weekend in store.

Hope you all have a fantastic one!!

2 comments:

carey said...

oh, this is a great post and i am dying to hear how you did Friday night and at the race!! YOU are so brave. i really want the friday night story...how did you do?

Karen said...

Oh, crud. I know you turned back and didn't run the race (or win, or see your mommy), but I'm DYING to know about the shoot!!