Saturday, July 24, 2010


So last weekend with Seth was nothing less than INCREDIBLE! It was like we were dating again! We hung out together all weekend with no stresses of work, no kids interrupting, no phones ringing, no supper to cook, no nothing. Just us. We ran the nature trail together, shot our bows at the archery range, went to the beach for 3 hours and floated on our floaties, ate out the entire weekend and sat outside around the bonfire just talking. That was the best part...just talking. We missed the kids, don't get me wrong and were so happy to see them again sunday night but it was nice to just have us for awhile. It was nice to have Seth all to myself. It truly reminded me of when we were dating and why I fell in love with him in the first place. It made us happy and giddy, the kids were giddy with their time with grandma and grandpa and my mom and dad were giddy with spending quality time with the kids. Everyone was just happy! And that's a good thing.


I've been busy with appts. all week...lots of seniors in session! I've been putting off a painting job in my house for months. My ceilings and walls in my kitchen, studio and hallway have been calling out a new color. After a long time deliberating, I decided on colors, bought the paint, and was waiting for the right time to start the project. That time came yesterday when one of my seniors rescheduled to next week. That left my Friday open and a prime time to start painting. So painting I did. Brody helped a little bit and I kept going and going. I am so incredibly HAPPY with the result! I'm not quite done yet but so far, I am ecstatic with how it looks. Especially my studio. It looks so professional! I'll post pics once it's completely done.


Here is a pic I'll post now for you...it's my dad and stepmom's little dog, Jessie. She's not just any dog, she is queen bee of the house! They LOVE this dog so much and she has done so much for dad after his surgery. She is not too fond of my family...we steal the attention when we come! She just points her nose in the air when we come around. It's kind of funny. At any rate, she is getting old and not in the best of health. My dad really wanted a picture of her before anything happened. So I brought my camera and snapped some shots of her. They turned out pretty good! I enlarged this one and had it mounted...dad and Cheryl will probably cry. I can't wait for them to see it. And I couldn't wait for you to see it either! Have a happy weekend!!!








5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

that dog is so cute. i know some women who would KILL to have hair like that :)

Karen said...

Oh, wow. What a cool way to bless them! Dogs are so funny, aren't they? Molly can't talk, but we always know EXACTLY what she's thinking!

I love to hear about your Seth weekend. We've had a couple little windows of that talking time here lately, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

carey said...

i love the look in jessie's eyes. and yep, they will cry. what a great gift. sounds like you guys are having a ball. tell seth that jamie bought a kayak and a canoe with his cabelas points and is looking for a fishing partner...with the caveat that seth brings the rest of you over for another great visit!

DeAnn said...

Carey~when should we come?!?!

carey said...

we are here this weekend!