Saturday, January 23, 2010


I turned 39 years old last week. It wasn't as graceful as hoped. I smiled on the outside and cringed on the inside...i'm so close to 40! This is the last year of my 30's so I have decided to make the most of it. I'm going to run that marathon, or at least walk/run. I've registered for my usual half marathons and 5K's. I'm going to go to Vegas. I'm going to tile my kitchen. I'm going to be content with what life has given me up to this point. Which is happiness. And love. And friends. I'm going to be the best 39 year old DeAnn I can be since this is the last chance I have while still being "30-something." Next year I'll be in a whole new chapter of life. Middle age. One good thing, I'll move up to the next age bracket in road races. So I won't be competing against 30 year olds! Big difference between 30 and 39 when it comes to running. My Brody was sweet enough to take some new pictures of me so I can get new business cards. I noticed a few more wrinkles, more gray hairs to cover up. But I'm 39 and there is nothing i can do about it but accept it with grace. And confidence.
Ugh...not going to happen today. May take a little time to grasp the acceptance thing. I sure like saying 29 better!

4 comments:

carey said...

aw. you still LOOK 29 :) the good part is, we are in this together (well, in about two months). it's a good time of life, full of family and friends and feeling more comfortable in your skin. i say cheers to you, friend!

cherk said...

Happy b-day Deann from a fellow blogger and 39er

Karen said...

Happy birthday, DeAnn!!

You're beautiful, inside and out. Age has got nothin' on you. :-)

Anonymous said...

most 29 year olds would look at you and envy your beauty at 39 ;)

I love your decision anyway to go forth marching (and running) strong towards the next decade! You are an inspiration!

Happy Birthday (again)

:)