Friday, December 14, 2007

Tonight we took a break from all the hustle and bustle of the season and invited our friends over for a Christmas party. I got out the Christmas dishes I got last year and never used along with all the other holiday plates and decorative dinnerware. My table looked pretty cool. I wish coming up with a menu was that easy. At the last minute, I decided to make it easy and cook up 3 different kinds of pasta, two different kinds of sauces, grilled chicken bites to throw in the sauce if desired, Rani's awesome crab rangoons and breadsticks. Heidi brought the dessert and appetizers. We fed the kids first so our sauces were kind of cold and the breadsticks were left in the oven a bit too long but hey, those were some pretty dishes! HA! The kids disappeared together and us adults had some good laughs over supper, wine and beer. A fun way to end the week before a busy weekend and a great way to just spend time with friends. Even if it wasn't the perfect meal!

3 comments:

carey said...

good for you! the meal sounds perfect, i could live on pasta. i didn't know they made three different kinds...hee hee.

enjoy the season, my friend. i bet those kids are excited and counting down the days...

Chris said...

Sounds like a great time had by all!

Karen said...

Awesome, DeAnn. Perfect idea! I'm glad you had fun. :-)