Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My 7 yr. old asked me if I was grumpy today. Her question made me stop and think. Yes. I am grumpy. I must have shown it if she asked me. I felt guilty for feeling grumpy. I tried to smile and told her the grumpy monster is bugging me today. She said she knows the feeling.

Unfortunately, the nagging monster didn't go away. I thought I'd make a list of why I am grumpy, thinking maybe it will help make me beat the mood:

1. Too much multi-tasking, trying to get too many things done in too short of time.
2. After literally running on the treadmill and from store to store, my son coming home from basketball wondering where supper was.
3. My daughters arguing again over who said what.
4. My son's eyes rolling when I told him what was for supper.
5. My dog being right in front of my feet at all times.
6. Decided to watch Christmas Vacation to lighten the mood...ended up with daughters arguing again before the opening tune even began.
7. Took older daughter to time away, listened to some crying, some negotiating and finally, let her come back to movie time.
8. Son wanting help with math homework. I had no idea how to show him, he got frustrated, finally finished on his own.
9. Ended up turning movie off after disagreements continued and putting kids to bed.
10.Decided I need to not multi-task so much as this is where the monster begin to rear his ugly head.
11. Going to bed to put the monster to sleep for good. Here's to a new happy day tomorrow!

Sigh!

2 comments:

carey said...

everything is better the next day, deann. i think saten loves to bring us down during the Christmas season, don't let him do it. next time you have a night like that, stop everything, grab the kids and read the Christmas story outloud from the bible.
that ought to do the trick. :)

Chris said...

I can definitely relate! Especially this time of year. Happens to us all. Merry Christmas!:)