Tuesday, December 04, 2007





This is a little past due since Thanksgiving was a couple weeks ago already. But here is my masterpiece of the dinner.

It's not the turkey, not the potatoes but this pumpkin pie. What makes it so special? Well, this was my first attempt (actually 2nd) at making a pie from scratch. My first attempt was about 10 years ago and it failed miserably. I gave up the effort until this year. This year I said the pie deserves another try. And it was good. So good, there were no leftovers. So good my son is asking for another. If you look real close, you can see where it almost spilled over the edge and the many pie "checks" in the middle. See the knife marks? If it comes out clean, it's done. So I kept checking. Not perfect looking, but good.

I have found a new love in pie baking. Who knows, maybe I'll get really crazy and try one of those merangue pies. (I can't even spell it) Then again, maybe i'll just stick to pumpkin for awhile. It's a safe bet.

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

Great minds think alike, DeAnn, i got my mom's piecrust recipe over thanksgiving, and my goal is to try a "real pie" sometime during the holidays!

yum-o. yours looks good :)

carey said...

ok, so now ALL my friends are turning into gourmet cooks? come on deann, you are my banana and bagel buddy.
don't leave me behind....:)

Chris said...

Pie crust? Don't they have those premade?:) I am all for real pies, but I think I will stay away from making my own crust. That is too much work for me. You're pie looks really yummy though!