Sunday, July 29, 2007

This is a crazy thing that happened a couple of weeks ago...it's been on my mind, kind of like I'm supposed to tell this story. Although I don't have a picture, I'll do my best to describe it with words.

I was running along the bluffs, my kids on their bikes in front of me. My mind was not thinking of anything, just watching my kiddos and wondering how they got so big so fast and listening to my ipod music. We came around a curve and there it was...a rainbow in the sky...starting at a point from behind the bluffs and ending in a cloud above us. It was probably the neatest thing I had ever seen simply because it's completely dry. Like most of you, it hasn't rained in weeks. And yet here was this rainbow making an appearance. Wow. What was even more cool? The song that came up the minute I noticed the rainbow was "Open The Eyes Of My Heart".

No one can tell me that wasn't a God thing because it had God written all over it. And I'm so glad we were there for it.

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i told that story in my bible study last night, we were remarking on how God gives us special things just for us.

so cool DeAnn....

Karen said...

My kids call that an, "I love you" message from God. Wonderful story, DeAnn. Thanks for sharing. :-)