Friday, June 03, 2011




This has been the longest week of my life. It's been the toughest week of my life. And it's not going to be over anytime soon. I feel like crying everyday since this whole flood issue has come up. I guess I have, mostly in secret though. This is the Gavins Point Dam putting out only 65,000 cfs. By tomorrow, the number will increase to 100,000 cfs and by next Tuesday, a whopping 150,000 cfs. The old record? 70,000 back in 1997. I can hear the roaring of the water from my yard and it's a very eery feeling. There is so much water yet to come and where it goes, only God knows. According to the lastest maps, my house is out of danger of direct water impact but we are bracing for water tables levels to rise and get into the basement. We are also bracing for the unknown. Houses are now being evactuated 100 meters from us. Whose to say the water won't find it's way to us. There are so many variables...more snow in Montana, weather here and if the dam can hold that much pressure. There are so many unknowns. Even with all the calculations, we are expecting the worst. Therefore, my house is in shambles. Everything from downstairs is upstairs somewhere. My hubby, bless his heart, is obsessed with this whole thing and keeps me working on stuff from morning til night. I am tired. I am trying to be positive but it's very hard. And it's taking it's toll on the kids too. We had to cancel our hills vacation and the half marathon because of all of this and they are bummed. I feel like they have been neglected since we are working on moving and I feel incredibly guilty. Brody said how this is the worst summer ever. He is right. We have done nothing fun yet.




So the week continues and I keep praying. I have so many things all bottled up inside me, I'm afraid how they will come out one of these days. I did go for a couple of runs to relieve some stress and it worked for awhile. I just need to keep running, I guess. I hate missing the half marathon. But maybe all of this will just make me a stronger person. We shall see what the plan is. I can only hope this situation will end soon and life can back to normal again...for everyone involved in the flood. There is nothing worse than having your home being threatened to be taken away. Prayer is the answer for now and faith. That's is truly what I am holding onto.

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

Deann - i pray for you guys every day. i imagine God holding His hand in front of your house, the water passing by. i believe it will be so!

keep strong, girl.