Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Update on the military photos from the previous post...picture of the boys hugging dad in front of the flag is going to be on the cover of the next National Guard magazine that is distributed across South Dakota. Pretty cool. From what I hear, I'm going to have a line of military dads and their kids at my door for the same type of pictures. Love it! Update on us...track is in full swing for Madison and Brody. Madison and Emerson are going to run their first 5K this Saturday! We ran the full route last weekend so they would know where they were going and I am proud to say, they ran the entire trail. Those girls are going to be runners! Madison is slower than Emerson but she is not discouraged. She just does her own pace and enjoys listening to her music. Emerson is a bit more competitive and thinks beating her brother would be cool. I will say this...she could do it! I am so excited and anxious for the race! All my kiddos, same race, 3 miles. Almost makes me cry! Before race day is another fun girls day. Tomorrow the girls and I are getting dolled up, heading to Sioux Falls for some shopping, eating out and taking in Beauty and the Beast show at the Pavilion. Ohhh, I've heard so much about this show, can't wait to experience it! The girls are ready to head out right after school. Exciting day! Biked with hubby tonight to give my knees a much needed rest. We rode to the dam and it was a great change from running. He has been wanting a road bike...I'm not too happy with price tag but am softening up a little bit. We'll see if I give in...:) Happy day, my friends. I'll post more pictures soon!

3 comments:

carey said...

i love it when you write. congrats on the photo. so cool! also, i am so glad you signed your girls up for the 5k instead of the mile. they are going to surprise the heck out of you. i bet emerson beats my time :)
can't wait to hear how it goes. and the play sounds like a blast. if i had girls...sigh. never mind.

enjoy your weekend. take photos!!

Karen said...

DeAnn! How did I miss this? Congrats on your published photo!!! Congrats on your little runners!

DeAnn said...

Thanks Karen and Carey!