Thursday, April 14, 2011



Things have been a blur the last couple of weeks...seems like I am literally going somewhere whether it be to the store, to take pictures, to school, to pick up kids from one event and take them to another...I love it. However, there are some things that just have to take a backseat during busy times. My house is a mess, we have been digging clean clothes out of the laundry basket and my pile of papers seems to be growing. Is that a bad thing? I figure one of these days I'll have some time to catch up with those "small" things. Afterall, how many times could I say I've been to the Beauty and the Beast show with my girls, watch all 3 kids cross the finish line, watch them run track and witness the girls growing into beautiful ballerinas. Aaahhh...I sure love this time of my kids lives. I wish it would never end.


So onto the chaos of the last weeks...my biggest and proudest moment was race day last Saturday. I have never felt such joy when I saw my kids run their hardest. Brody passed me up in the last stretch of the finish line! I always knew he had it in him. He ran his personal best time...22:11. I came in after him at 22:18, all smiles :) Then I waited for my little girls, praying they were doing okay. I had taken them out the week before on the route so they knew it well. They decided they wanted to do it by themselves and I am so glad I let them run on their own. Emerson came in next at 25:34. Wow! People could not believe this was her first race. She really rocked it. Madison came in next at 27:39..another great time. The girls got lots of attention afterwards...I don't think they realized how many people they inspired that day. Including me. We all got our medals and celebrated. Needless to say, they are ready for another race. I am so happy they enjoyed it.



Tomorrow is Brody's bday. He is going to be 14. I officially will hand over my Jeep keys to him as he will be driving! SCARY! I can't believe I am at this point in our lives. Driving. Wow. He is a great kid, I know he will do just fine behind the wheel. To celebrate his birthday, we are picking him up from school and heading right to Sioux Falls for a dinner with grandpa. Then we're headed to the arena football game. The best part? He has NO CLUE we are doing this. It's all a big surprise. I can't wait to see the look on his face!!


Business is picking up and I've gotten some cool jobs lately. I'll have to post my lastest project once I get it done. Which is what I need to work on now. So I will log off and wish you the best weekend ever!

1 comment:

carey said...

oh, i love this!!! i can't wait to see you soon.