Tuesday, April 27, 2010


River Rat 1/2 Marathon is done! I conquered the Chalkstone Hill at mile 9 which is known for it's mile long incline that is straight up (for lack of a better term). It wasn't a pretty sight...I was drooling, my nose was all snotty...seriously, I was hoping there wasn't any photographers at the top. At any rate, I really felt pretty good until the last couple of miles when my legs started telling me that hill was brutal. But a runners club friend of mine who is pictured in this photo, caught up with me and ran with me to the end. He actually paced me faster which i was so thankful for. 1:46:30 was my finishing time. I won my age group and put me on a post-race high for 2 days. That is the Missouri river in the background of this photo. so pretty huh?! Sometimes I think I'm surrounded by so much beauty and I don't even take the time to really "see" it. So after celebrating and thanking God for providing the break in the weather for the race and for giving me the strength to finish, it's on to the Deadwood race. Thank you thank you thank you...you guys get me through those moments when I think I won't make it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

DeAnn! You're a superstar to me! Can I have your autograph??

bobbione8y said...

that is super beautiful. God made running and your surroundings just for you :)

carey said...

i wish i could be doing it with you. somewhere much farther back, but with you :) the deadwood race rocks. you will beat your time. i know you will.

so proud of you. you truly are a superstar!

Karen said...

I thought of you this morning in my 5:45am spin class.

I was drooling.

:-)